ABOUT QUALITY BRAND IMPORTS
Quality Brand Imports allows European wine producers to introduce their products directly to US retailers and to sell directly to US wholesalers in many US states.
Quality Brand Imports acts as the Importer of Record. We do not purchase the wine from producers and we do not sell the wine to wholesalers (subject to state law). QBI handles all requirements of the federal importer including label approval (COLA), import into the United States, and customs clearance*.
We facilitate mutually beneficial relationships between wine producers in Europe and wine buyers in the United States while reducing the cost of European wines in the US supply chain. We offer our service at a flat fee, per bottle pricing.
* Service provided by a licensed customs broker
Quality Brand Imports assists wine producers with
- Obtaining state alcohol board licenses/permits as needed.
- Obtaining state alcohol board label approvals as needed.
- Advice about federal TTB, FDA, and state alcohol boards regulations.
- Logistics services from Europe to the US and within the US.
- Contacts and communication with retailers and wholesalers.
- Sample shipments to US wine buyers.
- TTB Tax credits and VAT reimbursements to US customers.
Quality Brand Imports does not act as a gatekeeper who decides which wines are available in the US market. We leave this up to the retailers.
Allowing retailers to decide which wines will be imported reverses the supply chain demand flow, reduces risk, and lowers cost. And increases the probability that consumers will buy the wines. Consumers are the ultimate decision-makers if a wine will be successful in the US market.
What types of European wineries benefit from our services? Wineries who are new to the US market as well as producers who already have a presence in the US market but are looking for better options to offer their wines to both retailers and wholesalers at a lower cost – to make them more competitive with US wines and wines from other parts of the world.
Want to learn more? Watch a series of webinars in which we will discuss regulatory, legal, and procedural issues for the import, sales, and marketing of European wines in the United States.
Click here to view the webinars.
Starting in January 2023, we will host weekly online call-in sessions via GoToMeeting. During each session, we will discuss various subjects in detail and answer questions from participants.
Click here to participate in the call-in sessions.
We developed Cellar62 as a b2b wine marketplace. It allows producers in Europe to showcase their wines to retail buyers in the US market.
Cellar62 is designed, built, and managed by Sevenscope in Portugal. Their team has many years of web development and design experience.
Why did we name it Cellar62? 50 stars on the US flag and 12 stars on the EU flag = 62 stars. Cellar62!
Cellar62 will feature a microsite for each participating winery to feature their story, history, wines as well as pricing (EXW or FOB US port) to the US supply chain.
Cellar62 complements the import services of Quality Brand Imports.
For more information visit cellar62.com
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH QBI
Benefits for European wineries and regions:
- Introduce and showcase your wines and region to US retailers on Cellar62.
- Give US buyers access to your entire portfolio.
- Communicate directly with US retailer buyers and sell directly to US wholesalers (subject to state law).
- Access to import services at a flat per-bottle fee.
- A full refund of CBMA tax benefits to the foreign winery if assigned to Quality Brand Imports (up to $451,700 annually).
- Offer prices FOB US port to the entire supply chain.
- Assistance with sample shipments to US buyers.
- Assistance with wine brand and private label creation.
- Access to lists of US wine retailers.
- Access to buyer contacts at US wine retailers.
- Access to information about the US wine retail environment in all 48 continental US states.
- Access to information about alcohol regulations in all 48 continental US states.
- Access to information about regulations in US control states.
- Access to resources on how to market your wines in the US market.
- Consulting sessions to develop a strategy for success in the US wine market.
- Access to marketing services provided by Quality Brand Promotions and our partners.
- Access to services of an international law firm familiar with all aspects of doing business in Europe and the US.
Benefits for US wholesalers and retailers:
- Direct access to European wine producers and their entire portfolio.
- Communicate directly with European producers.
- Source wines of interest to you.
- Consolidate container shipments from Europe to the US port closest to you.
- Reduced cost and simplified supply chain.
- Assistance with European VAT refunds.
Avantages de participer à Cellar62 et de travailler avec Quality Brand Imports
Vorteile einer Zusammenarbeit mit Cellar62 und Quality Brand Imports
Benefícios de participar na Cellar62 e trabalhar com a Quality Brand Imports